The following quiz “Data Warehousing MCQ Questions And Answers” provide Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Data Warehousing. These Data Warehousing MCQs are also Interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), Placement or recruitment, entrance examinations, and competitive examinations oriented. You can practice the below questions to improve your Data Warehousing skills. You can click on the View Answer button to check the answer. Let’s solve this Data Warehousing MCQ Questions And Answers Quiz. A data warehouse is a type of data management system and Data Warehousing is the process of constructing and using a data warehouse. The goal of data warehousing is to create a trove of historical data that can be retrieved to perform queries and analysis to provide useful insights from that data.
You can practice these Data Warehousing MCQs here and if you want a pdf of Data Warehousing MCQ Questions And Answers, we will provide a downloading link here soon so please keep visiting here for further modifications.
1. The data Warehouse is ________
- Write only system
- Read only system
- Both (A) and (B)
- None of the above
Answer : A Explanation: The data Warehouse is a write only system. So option A is correct.
2. Which of the following features usually applies to data in a data warehouse?
- Data are often deleted
- Data are rarely deleted
- Most applications consist of transactions
- Relatively few records are processed by applications
Answer : B Explanation: Data are rarely deleted.
3. Data scrubbing is which of the following?
- A process to load the data in the data warehouse and to create the necessary indexes
- A process to reject data from the data warehouse and to create the necessary indexes
- A process to upgrade the quality of data after it is moved into a data warehouse
- A process to upgrade the quality of data before it is moved into a data warehouse
Answer : D Explanation: A process to upgrade the quality of data before it is moved into a data warehouse.
4. Which is not a valid layer in three-layer data warehouse architecture in conceptual view?
- Processed data layer
- Reconciled data layer
- Real-time data layer
- Derived data layer
Answer : A Explanation: Processed data layer is not a valid layer in three-layer data warehouse architecture in conceptual view.
5. The important aspect of the data warehouse environment is that data found within the data warehouse is ________
- All of the mentioned
Answer : D Explanation: The important aspect of the data warehouse environment is that data found within the data warehouse is: Subject-oriented, Time-variant, Integrated. So, all of the mentioned option is correct.
Project Management MCQ Questions And Answers
6. Which is not true about data warehouse?
- It is organized around important subject areas
- It contains only current data
- It contains historical data
- None of the mentioned
Answer : B Explanation: We all know that data warehousing is a process of collecting and managing data from various sources and hence data warehouse has to contain historical data also not just current data and the time variant nature of data warehouse provides: allows for analysis of past, relates information to the present, enables forecasts for future. So, option B is the correct answer for the above question.
7. The process of removing deficiencies and loopholes in the data is called ________
- Compression of data
- Extraction of data
- Data aggregation
- Data cleaning
Answer : D Explanation: The process of removing deficiencies and loopholes in the data is known as Data Cleaning.
8. Identify among the following for which system of data warehousing is mostly used.
- Reporting and data analysis
- Data mining and data storage
- Data integration and data storage
- Data cleaning and data storage
Answer : A Explanation: System of data warehousing is mostly used for reporting and data analysis. So, option A is correct.
9. Identify the correct option which defines Datamart.
- A subgroup of data warehouse
- Not related to data warehouse
- Another type of data warehouse
- None of the mentioned
Answer : A Explanation: Datamart is defined as a subgroup of data warehouse.
10. ________ are responsible for running queries and reports against data warehouse tables.
- End users
- Middle ware
Answer : A Explanation: End users are responsible for running queries and reports against data warehouse tables.