The following quiz “Computer Networks MCQ Questions And Answers” provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Computer Networks. These Computer Networks MCQs are also Interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), Placement or recruitment, entrance examinations, and competitive examinations oriented. You can practice the below questions to improve your Computer Networks skills. You can click on the View Answer button to check the answer. Let’s solve this Computer Networks MCQ Questions And Answers Quiz. In simple words, Computer Network is two or more computers that are connected with one another for the purpose of communicating data electronically, share resources (such as printers and CDs), exchange files, etc.
You can practice these Computer Networks MCQs here and if you want a pdf of Computer Networks MCQ Questions And Answers, we will provide a downloading link here soon so please keep visiting here for further modifications.
1. In the layer hierarchy as the data packet moves from the upper to the lower layers, headers are ______________
Answer : B Explanation: Each layer adds its own header to the packet from the previous layer, example: in the Internet layer, the IP header is added over the TCP header on the data packet that came from the transport layer. So, option B is correct.
2. Which of these is a standard interface for serial data transmission?
Answer : A Explanation: RS232C from the above is a standard interface for serial data transmission,the RS232C defines the protocol and physical interface for transmitting serial data fairly easily between associated appliances and computers. Hence, option A is correct.
3. Which of the following protocol is used for remote terminal connection service?
Answer : C Explanation: TELNET protocol is used for remote terminal connection service.
4. Several computers linked to a server to share programs and storage space.
- Integrated system
Answer : D Explanation: Several computers linked to a server to share programs and storage space is known as network.
5. In a client-server paradigm, a _______ program provides services to a (another) ___________ program.
- Server, Client
- Client, Client
- Server, Server
- Client, Server
Answer : A Explanation: In a client-server paradigm, a Server program provides services to a Client program.
6. The _______ is the physical path over which a message travels
Answer : B Explanation: The physical path over which a message travels is known as medium. So, option B is correct.
7. Which of the following transport layer protocols is used to support electronic mail?
Answer : C Explanation: TCP is the correct answer because we are talking about transport layer protocol, E-mail uses SMTP as application layer protocol. SMTP uses TCP as transport layer protocol so, option C is correct.
8. The OSI model is a ___________ layer architecture
Answer : D Explanation: None
9. What is a split-horizon?
- Information about a route should not be sent back in the direction from which the original update came
- It prevents regular update messages from reinstating a route that has gone down
- It splits the traffic when you have a large bus (horizon) physical network
- It holds the regular updates from broadcasting to a downed link
Answer : A Explanation: Information about a route should not be sent back in the direction from which the original update came, So option A is correct.
10. What is the minimum header size of an IP packet?
- 16 bytes
- 10 bytes
- 32 bytes
- 20 bytes
Answer : D Explanation: The minimum header size of an IP packet is 20 bytes.