The following quiz “Data Structure MCQ Questions and Answers” provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Data Structure. These Data Structure MCQs are also Interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), Placement or recruitment, entrance examinations, and competitive examinations oriented. You can practice the below questions to improve your Data structure skills. You can click on the View Answer button to check the answer if you needed. Let’s solve this Data Structure MCQ Questions and Answers Quiz. In simple words, the data structure is a way of organizing the data so that it can be used efficiently.
You can practice these Data Structure MCQs here and if you want a pdf of Data Structure MCQ Questions and Answers, we will provide a downloading link here soon so please keep visiting here for further modifications.
01. Which of the following is/are the levels of implementation of data structure
- Abstract level
- Application level
- Implementation level
- All of above
Answer : D Explanation: All of the above are the levels of implementation of data structure.
02. How can we describe an array in the best possible way?
- The Array shows a hierarchical structure
- Arrays are immutable
- Container that stores the elements of similar types
- The Array is not a data structure
Answer : C Explanation: The array stores the elements in a contiguous block of memory of similar types. Therefore, we can say that array is a container that stores elements of similar types.
03. Which of the following concepts make extensive use of arrays?
- Binary trees
- Scheduling of processes
- Spatial locality
Answer : D Explanation: Whenever a particular memory location is referred to, it is likely that the locations nearby are also referred to, arrays are stored as contiguous blocks in memory, so if you want to access array elements, spatial locality makes it to access quickly and hence spatial locality makes extensive use of the array.
04. Prefix notation is also known as
- Reverse Polish Notation
- Reverse Notation
- Polish Reverse Notation
- Polish Notation
Answer : D Explanation: Prefix notation is also known as Polish Notation.
05. Which of the following sorting algorithms can be used to sort a random linked list with minimum time complexity?
- Merge Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Quick Sort
- Heap Sort
Answer : A Explanation: Since worst case time complexity of Merge Sort is O(nLogn) and Insertion sort is O(n^2), merge sort is preferred.
06. Which of the following data structure is linear type?
- All of the above
Answer : D Explanation: All of the above mentioned.
07. A binary search tree whose left subtree and right subtree differ in height by at most 1 unit is called
- AVL tree
- Red-black tree
- Lemma tree
- None of the above
Answer : A Explanation: A binary search tree whose left subtree and right subtree differ in height by at most 1 unit is called AVL tree.
08. What is the worst-case run-time complexity of binary search algorithms?
- Ο(nlog n)
Answer : B Explanation: O(n) is the worst-case run-time complexity of binary search algorithms.
09. In the Average case, if operation takes ƒ(n) time in execution, then m operations will take?
Answer : B Explanation: If an operation takes ƒ(n) time in execution, then m operations will take mƒ(n) time.So, option B is correct.
10. Which data structure allows deleting data elements from front and inserting at rear?
- Binary search tree
Answer : C Explanation: Queue is a data structure which allows deleting data elements from front and inserting at rear.