The following quiz “Software Engineering MCQ Questions And Answers” provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Software Engineering. These Software Engineering MCQs are also Interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), Placement or recruitment, entrance examinations, and competitive examinations oriented. You can practice the below questions to improve your Software Engineering skills. You can click on the View Answer button to check the answer. Let’s solve this Software Engineering MCQ Questions And Answers Quiz. In simple words, Software engineering is a detailed study of analyzing user requirements, design, development and maintenance of software.
You can practice these Software Engineering MCQs here and if you want a pdf of Software Engineering MCQ Questions And Answers, we will provide a downloading link here soon so please keep visiting here for further modifications.
01. SDLC stands for __________
- Software development life cycle
- Software design life cycle
- System design life cycle
- System development life cycle
Answer : A Explanation: SDLC stands for Software development life cycle. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a process used by the software industry to analyze user requirements and then design, develop, test and maintain high quality softwares. The SDLC aims to produce a high-quality software that meets or exceeds customer expectations, reaches completion within times and cost estimates. So, option A is correct.
02. The spiral model was originally proposed by
- Barry Boehm
Answer : B Explanation: The spiral model was originally proposed by Barry Boehm. So, option B is correct.
03. Agile Software Development is based on
- Incremental Development
- Iterative Development
- Both Incremental and Iterative Development
- Linear Development
Answer : C Explanation: In agile Software Development, the software is developed in increments with the customer specifying the requirements to be included in each increment and the highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software. They are iterative because they work on one iteration followed by improvements in next iteration and so on. So, option C is correct.
04. Which of the following is a functional requirement
- None of the above
Answer : D Explanation: All of the above mentioned are non-functional requirement which represents the quality of the software. So, option D is correct.
05. What is the major advantage of using the Incremental Model?
- Easier to test and debug and it is used when there is a need to get a product to the market early
- Customer can respond to each increment
- It is used when there is a need to get a product to the market early
- Easier to test and debug
Answer : D Explanation: Major advantage of using the Incremental Model is that it is generally easier to test and debug than other methods of software development because relatively smaller changes are made during each iteration and is popular particularly when we have to quickly deliver a limited functionality system. So, option A is correct.
06. Selection of a model is based on
- Development team
- All of the mentioned
Answer : D Explanation: Selection of a model is based on all of the above mentioned: Requirements, Development team and Users.
07. Purpose of process is to deliver software
- In time
- With acceptable quality
- That is cost efficient
- Both in time & with acceptable quality
Answer : D Explanation: Purpose of process is to deliver software Both in time & with acceptable quality.
08. Which one of the following is not a software process quality?
Answer : A Explanation: Portability is not a software process quality. So, option A is correct.
09. What are the attributes of good software?
- Software maintainability
- Software maintainability & functionality
- Software functionality
- Software development
Answer : B Explanation: Good software should deliver the required functionality and maintainability however, Software development is not an attribute but a fundamental. So, option B is correct.
10. Efficiency in a software product does not include ______________
- Processing time
- Memory utilization
Answer : C Explanation: Efficiency in a software product does not include licensing.