The following quiz “DBMS MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions and Answers)” provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to DBMS (Database Management System). These DBMS MCQs are also Interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), Placement or recruitment, entrance examinations, and competitive examinations oriented. You can practice the below questions to improve your DBMS (Database Management System) skills. You can click on the View Answer button to check the answer if you needed. Let’s solve this DBMS MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions and Answers) Quiz. Database Management System (DBMS) is the software that is used to manage the database. For example, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
You can practice these DBMS MCQs here and if you want a pdf of DBMS MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions and Answers), we will provide a downloading link here soon so please keep visiting here for further modifications.
01. DBMS is a collection of ______ that enables users to create and maintain a database.
- Language Activity
Answer : C Explanation: DBMS is a collection of Program that enables user to create and maintain a database.
02. Which of the following is generally used for performing tasks like creating the structure of the relations, deleting the relation?
- DDL(Data Definition Language)
- Relational Schema
- DML(Data Manipulation Language)
Answer : A Explanation: The term “DDL” stands for Data Definition Language, used to perform all other essential tasks such as deleting relation and related schemas in defining the structure relation. So, option A is correct.
03. A relational database consists of a collection of
Answer : A Explanation: A relational database consists of a collection of Tables. Fields are the column of the relation or tables. Records are each row in a relation. Keys are the constraints in a relation.
04. In the relational model, cardinality is termed as:
- A number of attributes
- A number of tables
- A number of constraints
- A number of tuples
Answer : D Explanation: In the relational model, cardinality is termed as a number of tuples.
05. What are the different view to present a Table?
- Datasheet View
- Pivote TableView
- Design View
- All Of Above
Answer : D Explanation: All of the above views.
06. Relational algebra is
- Data definition language
- Meta language
- Procedural query language
- None Of Above
Answer : C Explanation: Relational algebra is Procedural query language.
07. A collection of interrelated records is called a
- Management information system
- Text file
Answer : A Explanation: A collection of interrelated records is called a database.
08. Data about data is normally termed as:
- Data bank
- Meta data
- None of the above
Answer : C Explanation: Meta data is also termed as data about data.
09. Related fields in a database are grouped to form a
- Data file
- Data record
Answer : B Explanation: Related data fields in a database are grouped to form a data record. (A record is a collection of related fields).
10. What do you mean by one to many relationships?
- One class may have many teachers
- One teacher can have many classes
- Many classes may have many teachers
- Many teachers may have many classes
Answer : B Explanation: One teacher can have many classes (one to many).